Don’t let the dark affect you ability to fish effectively at night by reading our best fishing head torch guide – these are well worth your investment!
- 1. Led Lenser H14.2 Head Torch (LED7299R)
- 2. Fenix HM65R ShadowMaster
- 3. Ridgemonkey VRH300 Rechargeable Headtorch
- 4. Gardner Phazor Head Torch
- 5. Fox Halo 300 Multi-colour Headtorch
- 6. Petzl Tikka Headlamp
- 7. ESP Spotlight Head Torch
- 8. Trakker Nitelife Headtorch
- 9. LED Lenser MH10 Rechargeable Headlamp
- 10. Nitecore HC60 Headlamp Rechargeable
Fishing is a hobby that most people enjoy doing. But what happens when it’s too dark outside?
This post will help you pick the best fishing head torch for your needs and make sure you don’t miss out on any of those “big ones.”
The first thing to think about is how much money you want to spend. The price range does vary, which means there are options for everyone.
It also depends on whether you’re looking for something simple, or want more extra features like better battery life and light modes.
Either way, these head torches will light up your night time fishing trips so let’s jump into our reviews!
1. Led Lenser H14.2 Head Torch (LED7299R)
Best Fishing Head Torch Overall Winner!
Top of our list is the 7299-R fishing head torch from Led Lenser.
It’s a battery powered LED light fed of one lithium-ion battery, which is included in the box.
This headlamp is ideal for all types of fishing situations where you need to find your way, put fresh bait onto your hook or if you are overnight fishing.
How waterproof is the LED Lenser 7299-R?
It can be used during a strong downpour, but we wouldn’t advise using it underwater!
What are the Features?
Heavy duty hands-free lighting that is hugely popular amongst many anglers. It delivers a supreme beam, which is unrivalled!
There is a low battery indicator to inform you that you need to recharge (via a USB cable, which is included).
Many anglers have encountered issues with head torches ‘turning on’ acidentally. There should be no problem with that here, due to a transport lock.
For the technical buffs amongst you, this headlamp has an IPX54 rating, which is generally a high threshold for dust, and a mid rating for water.
A handy tilt mechanism allows you to focus the light up and away (great for when low light is required) or you can point it down towards your rods if you need to re-bait your rods in the middle of the night.
At 1000 lumens, it is a pretty powerful head torch – and for those that prefer to fish hands free, there are three clamp configurations.
Overall, this is a personal favourite and any headlampwould really have to be something special to trump it! In our view, the LED Lenser 7299-R is the best fishing head torch available today.
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Colour: Black
- Light Source: LED
- Battery: Lithium-ion (x1 included)
- Voltage: 3.7
- Lumens: 1000
- Weight: 340g
Related Head Torches
2. Fenix HM65R ShadowMaster
Light up the night with this Fenix RFC65R Shadowmaster Head torch, one of the hottest sellers on most fishing tackle websites!
This powerful headlamp can illuminate your way in just about any circumstance. Equipped with 1200 lumens that are mixed between white and red LEDs, it is perfect for finding your way at night, or rigging up at midnight.
If you’re looking for a versatile head torch then this is the perfect option for you.
It sports 22 hours of battery life on full power, or up to 150 hours on low power, so there’s plenty light to go around.
It also features non-dimming electronics technology, waterproofing capability (IP68 – 2m depth).
- 4 non dimming brightness levels of 50 lm (40 hrs), 150 lm (14 hrs), 400 lm (6 hrs), 600 lm (3 hrs)
- Continuous Turbo output: 1200 lm (20 mins) dropping to 800 lm (1 hr 40 mins)
- 4 Red Floodlight non dimming brightness levels of 5 lm (120 hrs), 25 lm (28 hrs), 85 lm (10 hrs) and 150 lm (4.5 hrs)
- Individual switches for each beam control on / off and brightness
- Charges in just 3 hours from a 5v 2A mains USB adapter (not supplied)
- Ergonomic headlamp holder for comfort during long periods of use
- Hollow headband structure – breathable for comfort during long periods of use
- Headband silicon strips keep sweat out of your eyes during intense activity
- Low level main beam and Mid level red flood output can be used whilst charging
Related Head Torches
3. Ridgemonkey VRH300 Rechargeable Headtorch
Best Fishing Head Torch (Most Popular)
Ridgemonkey’s got a new toy!
The Ridgemonkey VRH300 Rechargeable Headtorch is perfect for when you’re going to be out fishing in the dark.
With its triple high powered LED output, and super tough housing that provides IPX4 protection, it’ll work just as hard as you do at trying to catch a specimen carp.
There are five different light beam options to match any situation: high power beam- 250-1200 lumens; medium power beam – 50-200 lumens; red flashing emergency alert (180 lumen or 120 lumen); diffused dimming lamp (2 modes 20 and 12 lumens).
Multi-colour options to suit all situations, five beam settings for different conditions, and a simple push button control make this torch great for lighting up the bank, or even as a bivvy light!
A super lightweight and convenient design lets you pack up quickly and efficiently, thanks to the Ridge Monkey VRH300 head torch.
Never be left in complete darkness again!
- Triple high powered LED output
- High capacity 2000mah lithium polymer battery
- Twin colour, variable brightness: 50-200 lumens
- Five beam options to suit all situations: low white/green, medium white/green, high white
- Simple push button control
- EUIPO registered design
- Charge time: 4-5 hours
- Battery life @ 15C: up to 90 hours (dependent on setting)
4. Gardner Phazor Head Torch
The Gardner Phazor Head Torch is the best option for when you need to fish in low light.
The torch has 50 lumens which provide enough power to illuminate the darkest of spaces without giving up your hands free fishing capabilities.
Alternatively, the white light function will allow you to use it in all sorts of different situations, and can last up 10 hours on just one set of AA batteries.
It also includes two types of lights: Red Light and Low Light. This headlamp is professional, but very fun!
A modern take on a classic design, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this head torch to a fishing buddy.
- LED’s: 1W White LED and 2pc SMD Red LEDs
- Lumen: 50 Lumens (white light)
- Battery type: AA (not supplied)
- Battery life: 10 hours (minimum) on High-Light mode
- Functions: High Light – Low Light – Red Light – Off
- Water resistance: IPX5
- Headband Material: Polyester
- Headband Size: 65-70cm max (adjustable)
5. Fox Halo 300 Multi-colour Headtorch
Interested in brightening up your swim as the long nights draw in? We’ve got you covered.
The Fox Halo 300 multi-colour headtorch has four white brightness settings, two button operation (one for colour and one for brightness) and even adjustable angle projection.
Made out of lightweight materials, weighing only 68g – this won’t be a struggle to carry!
You can’t beat having this head torch because not only does it come with three colour options, but four brightness options for when the time comes to fish at night.
The two button operation means you can go from greeny-greens to deep reds without ever missing a beat.
Finally, there is an elasticated, and adjustable head band, that’s easy to get on and off with ease.
The Fox Halo 300 also runs on 3 x AAA batteries (not included), so make sure you bring them!
One of the best fishing head torches you can rely on!
- Three colour options – White, Green and Red
- Four white brightness settings – 350 lumens, 250 lumens, 140 lumens and 90 lumens
- Two button operation (one for colour and one for brightness)
- Adjustable angle projection
- Single, elasticated, adjustable head band
- Runs on 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
- Weight: 68g
Related Fox Lighting
6. Petzl Tikka Headlamp
The Petzl Tikka is the ideal headlamp for all fishermen, or anyone else who wants to find their way in the dark.
Compact and lightweight with a red light option that preserves night vision, and eliminates blinding other fishermen close by!
The single button simplifies operation with three white lighting levels (proximity, movement, distance) plus a red light.
A soft silicone strap provides comfortable fit around your head while allowing you to quickly remove it when no longer needed.
It is watertight, so you can take it fishing in all types of weather; including rain or snow showers without any risk of damage!
Weighing Just 82 g so you barely know its there!
Petzl build quality lighting gear, so it is a deserved entry on our best fishing head torch list.
- Weight: 82g
- Light output: 300 lumens
- Beam pattern: flood
- Energy: Three AAA/LR03 batteries (included) or CORE rechargeable battery (available as accessory)
- Battery compatibility: alkaline, lithium or Ni-MH rechargeable
- Certification(s): CE
- Watertightness: IPX4 (weather-resistant)
7. ESP Spotlight Head Torch
In this modern world of carp fishing, it can sometimes be hard to see when you’re outside at night. However, the ESP Spot Light Head Torch has a strong beam of light that will help you spot anything you need, be that rigs, terminal tackle, food or bait.
The torch is really easy to use and provides three different options for lighting so no matter where you are in the dark, your ESP Spotlight is there with a super bright LED shining down on the task at hand!
The ESP Spot Light Head Torch is a powerful portable head lamp capable of giving out a focused beam of light, which can reach up to 80 metres.
This sleek and comfortable design weighs just 60g and has been supplied with two AAA Duracell batteries. There are 3 settings – high power, low power and strobe – allowing for multiple scenarios.
So whether you’re looking for a practical bankside light, or searching for that elusive piece of tackle that’s rolled under your bedchair, this headlamp will get the job done.
Come with elasticated headband
Angle tilt adjustment
Three light functions.
Weighs just 60g and comes supplied with 2 x AAA Duracell batteries.
Battery lift 4 – 10 hours depending on light setting.
8. Trakker Nitelife Headtorch
Trakker is here with a highly innovative product at an unbeatable price!
With 2 hours of battery life and 580 white lumens, this device delivers 240 degrees of light so you can fish without any power interruptions.
You want red lighting? No problem!
There are two 3mm LEDs with the perfect diffusing beam effect for visibility from all angles. This head torch also has a long press On/Off which means more comfort and less time spent recharging.
Don’t forget that it comes with a micro USB cable for convenient charging anywhere- just plug into a laptop or adapter if you don’t have direct access to a computer’s ports!
The Trakker Nitelife 580 Headtorch has got you covered however you intend on using it.
With its slim design, it slips neatly onto the back of your helmet – no more awkward movements trying to keep it steady or scratching up surfaces with bulky clamps.
The best fishing head torch for all keen anglers!
- 3W Gen2 LG White LED Up to 580 Lumens
- Additional twin 3mm red LEDs to help maintain night vision
- Slim lightweight design offers optimal comfort
- Innovative diffusing beam effect on rear red light
- Gradual long press On/Off
- Battery indication on-demand by two different flashing patterns on rear light
- Direct micro USB recharging port
- LED charging status indicator
- Regulated circuit with intelligent circuitry
- Protects against over charging or over discharging
- Water resistant
- 2hrs charging time
- Micro USB charging cable included
- Weight: 77g
9. LED Lenser MH10 Rechargeable Headlamp
Life isn’t easy and lighting sometimes can be too. That’s why we’re proud to introduce the LED Lenser MH10 Rechargeable Headlamp with Rear Light and transportation Lock!
With high light output for every situation, low battery warning lights and shimmering water resistance, this fishing head torch has got you covered.
The patented Rear Light prevents bumps and accidents under your umbrella or in your swim, while the low power setting helps you conserve battery life at key fishing moments.
With intuitive fingertip controls that illuminate red light if you’re somewhere you shouldn’t be.
Additional features include a Power Mode (150 lumens), Low Power Mode (20 lumens) and IPX4 Protection against water splashing from any direction at 1 meter or less.
One of the best fishing head torches for anglers on a budget.
- Lumen Output: Power – 600 lumens. Mid – 250Lm. Low – 10 Lm.
- Beam Distance: Power – 150 metres. Mid – 100M. Low – 20M.
- Run Time: Power – 10 Hours. Mid – 15H. Low – 120H.
- Charge Time: 6 hours.
- Power Modes: Power, mid & low.
- 1 x Xtreme LED.
- Advance Focus System – Spot-to-flood beam.
- Adjustable head for directional light.
- Seamless dimming from spot to flood.
- Water & dust resistance – IP54 rated (-20ºC to +40ºC).
- Head Diameter: 36mm. Weight – 158g.
- 7 year warranty (with registration).
10. Nitecore HC60 Headlamp Rechargeable
This is your go-to lamp for fishing at night!
No other headlamp we know has all the features this one does: waterproof, impact resistant, and a brightness capable of making you see stars in broad daylight.
You could keep it on your boat when sailing or near the pier when baiting hooks – either way, you’ll have convenient streetlight for when it’s too dark to read from a fishing book or magazine.
Uses up to 1000 lumens of light with a maximum runtime of 680 hours on one charge, or up to 32 hours on High mode!
Features non-frequency strobing that’s less stressful for your eyes while you’re watching the water.
This awesome head torch is waterproof, impact resistant, runs off a rechargeable battery pack and has low power indicators so you can never run out of juice.
You can also choose from two versions: a rechargeable model or a disposable battery powered setup.
- Output and Runtime:
- Turbo: 1000 lumens / 1 hr
- High: 420 lumens / 2 hr 30 min
- Mid: 210 lumens / 7 hr 15 min
- Low: 38 lumens / 25 hr
- Ultralow: 1 lumens / 680 hr
- Battery: 1x 18650 or 2x CR123A
- Beam Intensity: 3,400cd
- Beam Distance: 128 Yards (117m)
- Waterproof: IPX7 (1m submersible)
- Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
- Length: 3.11” (79mm)
- Head: 0.73” (18.5mm)
- Body: 1.06″ (27mm)
- Weight: 3.47 oz (98.5g)(without battery)
Fishing at night can be challenging, but with the right gear it becomes easier. That’s why we compiled this list of our top 10 best fishing head torches so you can get out there and catch some fish!
The best part is that all these items are available on Amazon Prime – so they’ll arrive in time to light up your next fishing adventure.
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API