LOOKING FOR THE BEST FISHING KNIFE?
We take a look at fishing knives used for baiting up, filleting fish and other activities, such as cutting and trimming line.
A knife or multi tool should be sharp, light and hardwearing to cope with the demands of fishing.
We’ll be discussing blade materials, such as stainless steel, grip properties and sharpness, to help you make a good decision when choosing the best fishing knife.
Please note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases via links in this post.
1. Cuda Titanium Fillet Fishing Knife
Best Fishing Knife for Filleting Fish
A dual loop means you can attach this to your belt on either the left or right-hand side.
Comes with a lightweight fisherman’s sheath that allows water to drain through, making this is a knife that will last you many years to come.
Tested in both saltwater and freshwater environments, this is one of the best lightweight fishing knives that can be used for many fishing applications.
- Great for all-purpose filleting, with the perfect amount of flex, Wide Blade
- Titanium Bonded German 4116 Stainless Steel blade, Precision Ground Edge, Oversized Backbone
- Visible full-tang construction, non-slip Cuda scale pattern
Blade Length: 7 inches
2. Gentlemen’s Hardware Fish Pen Knife
Best Compact Fishing Knife
A discreet fishing knife that can be used for many fishing uses such as baiting and filleting.
Retro, and moulded into a unique fish-shaped design, this is hardwearing, making it an ideal gift for all fishermen.
Can easily be attached to keys or a belt, it comes supplied in a metal tin to keep it safe, not only is it compact but the brass finish oozes quality.
Makes our best fishing knife list for those looking for a great gift for the fisherman in your life!
- unique fish shaped design
- retro and sturdy tin packaging
- brass finish
3. Hultafors Craft Fishing Knife
Best Fishing Knife For Grip
A general use knife that is suited to fishing due to its design, the Hultafors ‘Craft’ knife features friction grip – ideal for when you have wet hands and need to bait up or fillet fish quickly and safely.
Includes a holster that can be attached to your belt and doesn’t get in the way of your clothing.
The blade itself is made from 2.5mm hardened stainless steel.
A versatile fishing knife that can also be used for cutting line, therefore a great reason to make our best fishing knife guide.
- Developed and adapted to the needs of craftsmen
- Blade is made from stainless steel
- Blade is hardened to 57-59 HRC
Blade length: 3.5 in
4. Victorinox Swiss Army Fishing Knife
Best Fishing Swiss Army Knife
A popular and versatile tool that can be used for many fishing jobs such as baiting, drilling, cutting, and filleting.
Features 19 functions, which includes a disgorger, pliers, fish scaler, large blade, bottle opener, wire cutter and many more.
Anglers love how compact this is, and it can even fit onto your keys, it really is the ideal multi tool for any tackle box!
What’s more is that Victorinox offer a lifetime guarantee, and this is because all their tools are built to an exceptionally high standard.
If there was ever a tool you think you might need, buying this is sure to cover any fishing task you can think of!
I highly recommend this swiss army fishing knife, in fact, it simply had to go on our best fishing knife list due to the sheer number of tools that are useful for many fishing applications.
- A trusty fishing trip essential Key features: Includes scissors and a fish scaler with hook disgorger
- Swiss made pocket knife with 18 functions: bottle opener, can opener, fish scaler, hook disgorger, key ring, large blade, multipurpose hook, Phillips screwdriver 1/2, reamer, punch and sewing awl, ruler (cm), ruler (inches), scissors, screwdriver three mm, screwdriver six mm, small blade, toothpick, tweezers, wire stripper
- Lifetime assurance: Victorinox assures all knives and tools to be of first-class stainless steel and also assures a lifetime against any defects in material and workmanship (save for electronic components two years) Damage caused by normal wear and tear, misuse or abuse is not covered by this assurance
5.Perkin Pocket Fishing Knife
Best Fishing Pocket Knife
I wanted to feature a knife that was easy to use and discreet – so I’ve gone for the Perkin Pocket Knife which is perfect for filleting and baiting up.
The handle is made from dye buffalo bone, fitted with a stainless-steel blade and it looks beautiful too! (A number of reasons then to include it on our best fishing knife guide!)
With a 2.8inch blade, and weighing just 30g, this is a versatile pocket fishing knife that can be carried safely, is sharp and looks the part.
Crocodile Dundee eat your heart out!
Handy to keep in your rucksack, or tucked away inside the front of a cool bag.
- UK Legal Pocket Knife Pen Knife with Key Chain
- Handle: Dye Bufallo Bone+Brass with keychain ring ,2Cr13 stainless steel Blade
- Laguiole type Beautiful pocket knife
Blade Length: 2.8 inches
How To Sharpen A Fishing Knife
6. Camillus Vortex Folding Fishing Knife
Best Folding Fishing Knife
Three-and-a-quarter inch fishing knife that is very strong, sharp and is ideal for most fishing uses such as baiting, filleting and cutting.
It has a fiberglass handle that offers great grip and a carbonitride titanium drop-point blade manufactured from Japanese AUS-8 steel – in other words, its very strong and will last you a lifetime.
In fact, the steel blade has been treated with carbonitride titanium that resists rust and corrosion, and is much stronger than untreated steel.
A pocket clip is included which allows you to attach to your belt, whilst built-in safety features include dual thumb studs for better grip and a lock mechanism that is unlikely to come open.
A decent compact folding knife that can be used for any type of fishing where you need a strong tool for the job.
- 3.25" / 8.5 cm Carbonitride Titanium Drop-Point Blade made of Japanese AUS-8 Steel
- Ergonomic G-10 Handle with Pocket Clip
- Featuring Dual Thumbstuds, Liner Lock Mechanism and Lanyard Hole
Blade Length: 3.25 inches
7. Bahco Sports Knife
Best Sports Knife
To use correctly, you should pull the blade out and lock it into place.
You can then bait up, fillet fish or use it for other fishing applications like cutting, trimming and rigging up.
There is a small hole on the back so you can connect a safety strap.
- Locking mechanism for safety in use
- Serrated portion on blade for rope cutting
- Length: 148mm
Blade Length: 3 inch
8. Orient Boning Knife
Best Fishing Knife for Boning
I have included a boning knife because this style is useful for filleting fish when out on a boat as it gets through hardy species very easily!
Made from specialist German X50 steel, the blade is razor sharp offering a very professional performance.
It feels very balanced, and the handle felt comfortable to hold – even with wet hands.
- The Classic Boning Knife - A specialist German X50 Ultra + Steel Boning Knife for trimming, skinning, edging and removing meat and fish from the bone. Razor sharp edge, laser tested edge ground to an incredibly fine 15° V ground edge. Professional performance, expert durability at an unbelievable price.
- Ergonomically Designed For Cutting Perfection - What makes Orient different from the competition is ergonomics. The 6 inch boning knife features the Ergo-Grip POM handle providing a balanced comfortable sure grip for expert handling, agility and precision. Intricate counterbalance and feature central pin adds beauty. Finger protection helps prevent slippage when cutting fatty meats and fish. Bonus locking sheath included.
- Professional Kitchen Performance - Expertly crafted from the finest Thyssenkrupp German single layer X50 Ultra + Super Stainless Steel, used in millions of professional kitchens worldwide. Hardened to 56 HRC for expert durability. Designed for professional chefs and home cooks. The narrow, flared blade allows the blade to guide around the natural curves of bone and fat, for faster and more effective cutting performance.
Blade Length: 6 inches
Weight: No info
How To Fillet A Trout
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API