LOOKING FOR THE BEST FISHING UMBRELLA?
From a sudden downpour, to keeping your tackle dry, having a fishing brolly close by can be a godsend!
From a sudden downpour to keeping your tackle dry whilst you fish, we’ve handpicked 10 of the very best fishing umbrellas to help you choose wisely.
This includes offerings from Daiwa, Guru, Preston and Fox.
- 1. Daiwa Mission Fishing Umbrella
- 2. Korum Super Steel Fishing Umbrella
- 3. Daiwa N’Zon Fishing Umbrella
- 4. Fladen Fishing Umbrella
- 5. Greys Prodigy Umbrella 50 inch
- 6. Guru Bait Brolly
- 7. Daiwa Bait Brolly
- 8. Preston Grey Bait Brolly
- 9. Korum Graphite Umbrella
- 10. Matrix Space Brolly PLUS
- 11. Solar Tackle Undercover Fishing Umbrella
1. Daiwa Mission Fishing Umbrella
Featuring extended sides, the Daiwa Mission is completely waterproof due to taped seams.
Although not very spacious, it can still be used to keep you dry, together with a rucksack, or other luggage.
On sunny days, I like to place my fishing chair inside to give me that extra protection. But if its lashing down with rain, you may get wet, unless you sit right at the back! I would say this fishing umbrella with sides, is very practical for leisure anglers.
Structured like a traditional fishing umbrella, the sides are useful. This helps if you’re fishing in windy conditions, or you need extra protection from the sun.
I removed the Velcro groundsheet, and folded this up into my fishing rucksack, so its very compact.
Some anglers may prefer to keep this fitted, which is useful if setting up your umbrella over wet ground. This proved to be easy using the telescopic alloy storm rods. It took me around 5 minutes.
It comes supplied with two storm rods, and a removeable groundsheet and folds away into a carry bag. Great value for money, if you’re after a hassle-free fishing umbrella with sides, this would be fine.
A great entry on our best fishing umbrella list!
- Highly durable canopy
- Extended sides
- Taped seams
- Velcro attachable groundsheet supplied
- Telescopic alloy storm rods
Daiwa Mission Video Review
Related Daiwa Tackle
2. Korum Super Steel Fishing Umbrella
Built on a strong wire frame, the 50 inch Korum Super Steel Umbrella is the strongest on the market., which is why we have chosen to include it on our ‘best fishing umbrella’ list!
It can be used in the normal style, or by refitting the central pole, it can be angled to your liking. This achieves a super stable setup, whatever the fishing conditions.
Ground pegs are included, which adds even more stability in high winds. Lightweight, and made from durable 210D fabric, all the seams are welded for ultimate waterproofability.
The inner pole is very strong due to using extra thick aluminium, which can stored alongside your landing net handle. I would highly recommend this as one one of the best fishing umbrellas for us in the winter months.
- 50-inch frame
- Width 127cm
- Weight 2.9kg
- Fabric around brolly points reinforced to stop wear
- 210D nylon cover with taped seams
- Extra strong steel wire frame
Korum Super Steel Brolly Video Review
Related Korum Tackle
3. Daiwa N’Zon Fishing Umbrella
The Daiwa N’Zon fishing umbrella is available as a round model, or square edition. We tested the square version, which is what we’ve based this umbrella review on.
Made from steel (the frame anyway) which is becoming more common in fishing umbrellas. This is due to its strength, and when combined with a tough nylon fabric, is perfect for most fishing conditions.
All the seams are fully taped, meaning water is unlikely to pass through.
The centre pole can be detached and repositioned to your liking, which is a great option to have as the sun changes position. A telescopic spike makes it easy to penetrate rough ground.
Additional D rings help peg it out for extra stability. One of the best fishing umbrellas for packing down into your rod holdall.
- Spacious, light fishing umbrella from Daiwa
- Very easy to use
- Available as ?Round? or ?Square? model
- High quality Nylon canopy
- Steel Frame and Ribs
- Fully taped seams
- Detachable and re-positional centre pole with multi tilt operation and telescopic spike
- D rings fitted for spiking down
- 50″ or 125cm
Related Daiwa Tackle
4. Fladen Fishing Umbrella
A budget fishing umbrella from Fladen was decent enough! For under £40, it offers a waterproof design which is stable due to the pole spike.
Tilt is offered, making it ideal for positioning to create more shade as you fish away.
Supplied in a carry case, and although this isn’t a fishing umbrella with sides, it does offer very good protection for anglers on a budget.
The central locking system, and adjustable height make it very stable in windy conditions. We didnt test this thoroughly as we ran out of time, but the day ended with a light rain shower and the Fladen fishing umbrella held up well.
There better options out there, but we included on our best fishing umbrella list due to its value and versatility.
- FLADEN Fishing - Umbrella 2.2m Round Tilting Waterproof Dark Green Fishing Brolly with Adjustable Height
- TILTING BROLLY - This green tilting brolly is made from nylon and has a pole twist thread lock to keep it straight
- WATERPROOF - Comes contained in its own matching carry case - made from waterproof canvas repellent nylon
- Waterproof design
- Nylon fabrics
- Sharp spike on pole end
- Central locking system and height adjustable
5. Greys Prodigy Umbrella 50 inch
A very lightweight carp fishing brolly weighing just under 2kg!
This is about 1 kilo lighter than other models! Its sturdy due to the fibreglass ribs, and uses a PU coated fabric. This would make an ideal fishing umbrella for a day session with unpredictable weather conditions.
With plenty of space for day tackle, and a chair, this is adequate for most fishing, carp or coarse.
It has a 50 inch diameter, and spans 210cm.
The telescopic centre pole seems strong, extending up to 212cm, which means you could stand underneath! Full tilting, this is actually a decent fishing umbrella.
For anglers that prefer to travel light, this is the best fishing umbrella for transporting.
- Lightweight system at just 2kg
- Sturdy, fibreglass ribs
- Robust, PU coated nylon material
- Taped seams
- Size: 50inch
Related Greys Tackle
6. Guru Bait Brolly
The Guru bait umbrella is useful for keeping your bait dry and fresh during your session.
Measuring 90cm by 90cm, it won’t keep you dry, but offers enough coverage for your bait arrangement.
The thick material is waterproof, and there are a pair of poles which are interchangeable.
One is telescopic, which can be pushed into soft ground, allowing the umbrella to sit about 60cm off the floor. The other is more of an accessory pole, purpose designed to connect to your seat box to cover your side tray.
An angle lock means you can achieve the perfect tilt! The Guru bait umbrella is ideal for when you want to ensure your bait remains fresh for the day.
- Manufactured in ultra-strong 210D material
- Reinforced base on the carry bag to prevent wear
- Two pole options as standard
- 60cm accessory pole and a telescopic pole
- Threaded angle tilt option
- Tie cord with Velcro fastening for easy storage
Related Guru Tackle
7. Daiwa Bait Brolly
Keep your bait in good condition throughout the day with the Daiwa Bait Umbrella!
Lightweight, and tilting, it comes with an umbrella arm for easy attachment to your seat box.
This fits seat boxes with 25mm legs. It takes up very little space, and the tilting arm allows you to position it perfectly over your bait.
There is nothing worse than pellets going mushy, or boilies drying out in the sun, which is where owning a bait brolly can give you the edge!
- Lightweight but sturdy bait brolly
- The brolly can be tilted
- Supplied with umbrella arm
- The arm fits 25mm legs
Related Daiwa Tackle
8. Preston Grey Bait Brolly
Best Bait Brolly
Our third bait umbrella is the Preston Innovations Grey Bait Brolly!
A must have for compeition anglers who require the freshest bait for the days action.
Offers protection from the rain, and shade from the sun, keeping your bait fresh can be the difference between losing and winning your match.
The brolly itself is compatible with all Preston side trays.
Features include a full tilting mechanism, whilst the central bar can be screwed in and out of place. A clamping bracket is also included.
- Compatible with Preston side trays
- Clamping bracket supplied
- Tilt mechanism
- 45 degree fixed angle option
How To Setup Like A Pro!
Related Preston Innovations Tackle
9. Korum Graphite Umbrella
The Korum Graphite Umbrella is 50 inches and built onto a solid frame which provides great stability, especially during high winds.
All the points have reinforced fabric where usual wear an tear happens. Made using 210D PU cover with taped seams, no water is getting through this fishing umbrella!
It also has plenty of space for a chair to keep your dry during torrid weather conditions. If you are seeking a traditional umbrella with sides to protect your tackle, the Korum Graphite Umbrella has to be one of the best fishing umbrellas for that.
- 50-inch frame
- Extra strong graphite frame
- 210D PU cover with taped seams
- Fabric around brolly points reinforced to stop wear
Korum Graphite Brolly Video Review
Related Korum Tackle
10. Matrix Space Brolly PLUS
Our final entry on our best fishing umbrella with sides list is the awesome Matrix Space Brolly!
A premium umbrella with features such as a unique self-tensioning system and gusseted bell cap. At 50 inches, there is bags of space for you, a chair and your fishing tackle!
Its the umbrella that offers the most headroom too, making it ideal for tall anglers.
Matrix opted to use fibreglass, rather than metal, which makes it stronger, lighter and more stable than traditional fishing umbrellas.
The inner pole can be adjusted to suit the conditions, with three pegging points for extra stability.
Weighing just 2.8kg, this is very light compared to most others. It really is a joy to use, because the Matrix Space Brolly offers complete protection, bags of space, and did the job intended!
If you want something with a little more space, then this is the best fishing umbrella available.
- Features the unique Self-Tensioning System (STS)
- New gusseted bell cap with a small moulded loop for attaching a guide rope
- Much more headroom than conventional brollies
- Fibreglass arms are much stronger, lighter and more stable than traditional metal arms
- Simple push/pull ‘none-fail’ mechanism
- Adjustable pole with tilt facility
- Lightweight fabric cover with taped seams
- Three pegging points for increased stability
- Main outer fabric: 100% Polyester
Matrix Space Brolly+ Video Review
Related Matrix Tackle
11. Solar Tackle Undercover Fishing Umbrella
The Solar Undercover Camo Umbrella is made from an impressive 10,000 Hydrostatic Head material, meaning it will survive even a torrential downpour.
To further support this, the umbrella also features a rain gutter, which diverts water away down the sides instead of over you!
If you are fishing in the midst of a storm, or strong winds, two storm poles allow you to stabilise the shelter further.
The dropdown rib extensions allow you to convert the umbrella into a brolly system as it features roll back sides, and multiple door options including a mozzy mesh cover, full fabric or a letter-box style opening.
Additional extras include a rear mesh vent for improved circulation, along with heavy duty peg and an oversized carry bag to store it in.
A great umbrella geared towards carp fishing, I have no doubt that the Solar Undercover Brolly is one of the best fishing umbrellas for stability in 2021.
- UNDERCOVER CAMO PATTERN - Hard wearing polyester fabric UnderCover Camo pattern.
- INCLUDES STORAGE BAG - Supplied in an UnderCover Camo storage bag.
- CENTRE POLE - 60" brolly in our popular UnderCover Camo pattern. It can be used with the centre pole in place, or the centre pole can be moved to run parellel with the back of the brolly.
- 10,000 HH Camo fabric
- Rain gutter on the front to direct rain water off to the sides
- Mozzi-mesh air-vent in the rear
- Two Velcro rod straps on the front
- Seven-spoke hub system with maximum head room thanks to the low-profile hub
- Supplied with heavy-duty pegs
- Drop-down rib extensions (removable)
- Multiple door options with full fabric, mozzi-mesh, roll-back sides
- Front can be completely removed
To be honest, there isn’t a great deal of options when it comes to finding the best fishing umbrella with sides.
That’s why we have chosen to include different kinds of umbrellas in our list. These include bait brollies, day brollies and traditional fishing umbrellas.
So whatever style of fishing you enjoy, be that carp, coarse or match fishing, there is sure to be a good choice on our best fishing umbrella countdown!
- From flat to ready to go shelter in just a few minutes, this umbrella with zip-attached side walls (including windows) is the modern and easy means of shelter.
- 2.2m umbrella, Zip on walls providing rear and side protection
- Multi-angle tilt function
- COMPLETE COVER - Umbrella 2.5m Round Tilting Waterproof 190T Fabric Dark Green Fishing Brolly with Adjustable Height
- TILTING BROLLY - This green tilting brolly is made from 190T Fabric nylon and has a pole twist thread lock to keep it straight
- WATERPROOF - Comes contained in its own matching drawstring carry case - made from waterproof canvas repellent nylon
- Genuine MICHIGAN Branded Product - The Number One Choice for Fishing Equipment and Accessories
- The Michigan High Quality 75” Olive Green Fishing Umbrella With Top Tilt is the perfect accessory to take with you on your fishing trips. The umbrella also has windows on the side.
- This umbrella is ideal for all kinds of fishing. You will be able to adjust the height of the umbrella, it also has a top tilting mechanism.
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API