WHAT IS THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT FISHING CHAIR AT THE MOMENT?
When deciding what the best lightweight fishing chair for you is, there are a few key points to take into consideration.
Do you suffer from a bad back?
Does your next fishing trip require you to keep mobile?
Are you looking to buy the most comfortable fishing chair possible?
Our best lightweight fishing chair guide answers all these questions, so you can be confident about buying the right chair.
Please note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases via links in this post.
- 1. Daiwa Black Widow Chair
- 2. Avid Carp Ascent Day ChairBest Day Session Fishing Chair
- 3. Korum Aeronium Fishing Chair
- 4. Nash Indulgence Big Daddy Chair
- 5. Middy MX Feeder Fishing Chair
- 6. Fox Duralite Fishing Chair
- 7. Solar Tackle C-Tech Recliner Chair
- 8. JRC Defender Hi Recliner Armchair
- 9. Prologic Cruzade Comfort Chair
- 10. Daiwa Overbed Fishing Chair
- 11. Shakespeare Deluxe Folding Chair
- 12. Trakker Levelite Longback Chair
- 13. Kodex Robo Feeder Fishing Chair
A Quick Guide To ChoosingThe Best Lightweight Fishing Chair…
Ideally, you should try to choose the lightest fishing chair you can. This will make it easier to carry, especially with other tackle!
Not all swims and pegs are level! Try to find a chair with adjustable legs. This will help maintain a level surface to improve balance.
An uncomfortable chair could give you back problems in the long term. Find a chair that features plenty of padding.
Types of fishing chair include recliners, custom-built chairs for tall people and even chairs that fit onto your bedchair.
1. Daiwa Black Widow Chair
Best Budget Fishing Chair
First up is the Daiwa Black Widow fishing chair, which is built onto a steel frame and features a cushioned seat to make it as comfortable as possible for you.
All four legs can be extended, so you can adjust each one to suit all kinds of terrain, whilst the additional swivel mud feet make the chair stable, which is increased further by a leg-lock system.
It will also fit into your car compactly as it folds down. This can be secured via a webbing strap.
Weighing about 4kg, this is certainly one of the best lightweight fishing chairs for anglers on a budget, or beginners who want to try a no-thrills seat.
- Featuring a cushioned seat and backrest
- Extendable legs with swivel mud feet
- Dimensions (cm): 51 x 43 x 47
Min Height: 33cm
Folded Dimensions: 67cm x 52cm x 17cm
You May Also Like…
2. Avid Carp Ascent Day ChairBest Day Session Fishing Chair
Ideal for day sessions, the Ascent fishing chair is rather comfortable due to plenty of padding on both the seat and back rest.
For a low-profile chair, I found it easy to get in and out of. I have previously owned a fishing chair from a well-established brand, but it was a struggle to get out of at times. This is not good if your bite alarms go off!
Could this be down to how steady it is? Having read the product specifications, this chair features ‘rock steady’ legs (fully adjustable) that are exactly that! I was very impressed so far, even when setup in a swim that was slightly uneven.
What else can I expect if I do buy this fishing chair? Well, for starters its lightweight, weighing just under 5kg. It really is an ideal chair for keeping mobile or cutting down on bulky tackle.
I would also like to say it was easy to transport from my car to a great swim that was about 200 yards away.
A very decent fishing chair from Avid this, even if you only used it as a guest chair!
You May Also Like…
3. Korum Aeronium Fishing Chair
Lightest Fishing Chair
At only 3.9kg, due to the aluminium alloy used in the manufacturing process, this is the lightest fishing chair available.
Korum insist that it was designed for fishing on slopes first and foremost, but I think it is a lot more versatile than that!
Yes, there is an extension bar at the front so you can fish on steep banks if you wanted, but what about the rest of your gear?
I would rather have a lightweight fishing chair that is easy to carry, feels comfortable and will last me a few years at the very least.
Anyway, back to the chair! A new mattress layout does increase comfort (over previous models) and this did feel rather spongy, but became more comfortable the longer I sat in it.
Like previous editions, the mattress is waterproof and can be wiped clean easy enough.
A lightweight (the lightest actually) but strong fishing chair, which, if you pushed me for a criticism, it would be that it felt bulky to carry.
Oh, did I mention it can be fully reclined too?
For me, this could be the best lightweight fishing chair, especially as it is so light to carry!
Height: From 80cm to 99cm
Price: Price not available
4. Nash Indulgence Big Daddy Chair
Most Comfortable Fishing Chair
Weighing a hefty 9.2kg, I would suggest this is tailored to anglers on longer sessions, where you are more likely to lug this onto a fishing barrow or trolley as you fathom out your journey to your swim or peg.
I love the name! It screams “I am the biggest fishing chair you can buy” – but this does not necessarily mean it’s the best fishing chair.
This is because I think it depends what type of chair you require really, some of which you will find here in our list of fishing chair reviews.
So, what features does the Nash ‘Big Daddy’ offer?
Well, it is very well made like most Nash tackle, it feels robust, and the peach skin fabric feels luxurious.
In fact, the inner mattress has micro fleece sculpted into it, which feels very comfortable, maybe too comfortable?
The head section uses memory foam, which again, some anglers like – some don’t!
Looking at the legs, always a key feature for me, as I like to check how stable or how flimsy they are, and they look solid.
These can be adjusted via a one-touch spring loaded mechanism, whilst there are locking pins in the rear legs to aid stability on uneven terrain.
For me, this is an excellent fishing chair, although heavy and quite expensive.
It certainly isnt the ‘best lightweight fishing chair’ on the list.
- 59cm (w) x 51cm (d) x 55cm (height of back) Leg adjustment 39-55cm Weight: 9.2kg
- Micro ﬂeece sculpted inner mattress with peachskin camo skirt Padded, removable peachskin arm covers
- Easy grip hand wheel adjustment for rake
Leg Adjustment: From 39cm to 55cm
Price: Price not available
5. Middy MX Feeder Fishing Chair
Best Feeder Fishing Chair
The Middy MX-100 feeder fishing chair is the complete package for all pole fishing enthusiasts.
It was incredibly comfortable, even amongst a full setup when utilising the fitted side-bar and rest for my rods.
The back of the chair is high and fully padded, great for relaxing between catches! Common chair features include swivel mud feet, which are attached to solid looking adjustable legs.
I prefer a recliner style chair when I’m specifically feeder fishing, which was easy to activiate.
Accessories included with this well built feeder fishing chair are a side bar, front and over rests, back rest, three thread sticks, a medium-sized side tray and a one way arm – it really is the full package!
After a quick visit to the Middy website, this chair was designed for right-handed anglers only if you are using all the fishing chair accessories.
- The first ever chair designed for both pole and feeder fishing
- High-back padded head rest, Fully padded lumber support
- Adjustable seat position, adjustable legs - max. seat height 45cm
Folder Size: 84cm x 54cm x 25cm
Load Capacity: 130kg
6. Fox Duralite Fishing Chair
Best Lightweight Carp Fishing Chair
Weighing an impressive 3.2kg, the Fox Duralite Fishing Chair is lightweight, but strong, accommodating anglers up to 180kg.
Those that value comfort will be pleased to hear that the polyester padded seat felt really comfortable.
The chair comes with arms rests (which I prefer!) and large swivel mud feed that increase stability.
Made from a magnesium alloy, this carp fishing chair is one of the lightest you can buy, and it was compact enough to stack onto my barrow and in my car with no issues.
- Fox Duralite Carp Fishing Chair
- Movable chair legs that lock securely, armrests for increased comfort.
- Designed for approx. 180 kg.
Height: 33cm to 40cm
Seat: 40cm deep
Seat Width: 47cm
Back height: 52cm
Price: Price not available
7. Solar Tackle C-Tech Recliner Chair
Best Recliner Fishing Chair
I couldn’t wait to try out this top-of-the-range carp chair from Solar Tackle because it looked so comfortable!
The model tested was the high back. A low back version is also available.
Its a recliner with three positions, whilst the mattress is made from 3D Duracore, which felt very cosy, probably due to the extra lumber seat support for my lower back.
The material can be wiped clean, and is hard-wearing too.
As far as setting the chair up, each leg features a unique spring-lock, which can be adjusted into position.
Weighing 7kg, it is heavier than most chairs, but folds away compact enough to position it on your barrow.
The Solar Tackle C-Tech Recliner is a good quality chair that is comfortable, easy to setup and is ideal for anglers with back issues. I would not hesitate to buy this in the future.
- 3D DuraDore matress
- Unique Spring-Loc leg adjustment
- High-tensile aluminium frame
Dimensions: 104cm x 52cm
Seat Height: 48cm
8. JRC Defender Hi Recliner Armchair
Best Fishing Chair under £100
Made around a strong steel frame, the multi-position recliner allows you to set the back of the chair to feel as comfortable as possible.
I’ve picked the JRC Defender Recliner because I feel it is the best fishing chair under £100, based on comfort, stability and that it reclines!
It includes arm rests too, along with adjustable legs and mud feet that swivel so you can position yourself to get the best view of your swim.
JRC state that the mattress is filled with a high density foam, whilst the polyester cover is durable and can be easily cleaned.
A stable reclining chair that’s comfortable, solid and easy to transport – what else do you need a char to do?
A fishing chair for under £100 that is worth every penny. A great buy for all anglers looking for a chair that reclines.
- Weight - 6.4kg
- Length - 92cm, Height - 95cm, Width - 56cm
- Filled with high density foam
9. Prologic Cruzade Comfort Chair
The Prologic Cruzade Fishing Chair is very practical, and features a generous amount of padding.
OK, its not the best fishing chair featured here today, but its certainly not the worst. It folds away compactly, and is made with all the usual features you’d expect.
This includes adjustable legs, swivel mud feet and can hold up to 140kg.
There will be no issues with setting it up on uneven terrain, nor will you struggle to carry it or load it onto a barrow as it is fairly lightweight at just 5.6kg.
A great choice for those after work sessions, or for when you prefer to pack light to keep mobile as you try to stalk carp that are basking close to the margins.
Probably not the best lightweight fishing chair, but deserves a place for value vs quality!
Max Weight: 140kg
Seat Dimensions: 50cm x 40cm
10. Daiwa Overbed Fishing Chair
Best Fishing Chair For Bedchairs
A simple solution for anglers who would prefer to sit on their bedchair, perhaps to tie rigs, or for when the weather is bad and there isn’t much space in side your bivvy!
The Daiwa Overbed Chair is lightweight, weighing just 0.5kg, and is made using a mixture of steel for the solid frame, and polyester for the seating and backrest.
For better positioning, and to accommodate most types of bedchairs, the front two legs can be adjusted.
A great chair if you want to sit inside your bivvy, either to watch your swim, ponder a rig change – or even to just enjoy dinner and a brew!
- Material: Polyester and Steel
- Use on bed inside Bivvy or as a normal chair
- Light weight and easy transportation
Seat Dimensions: 44cm x 50cm x 30cm
11. Shakespeare Deluxe Folding Chair
Best Folding Fishing Chair
The most practical chair (or stool) on our list is the Shakespeare Deluxe Folding Chair, which includes a day rucksack – ideal for storing tackle essentials on a quick session at your local pond, or canal.
Utilising a classic folding design, the stool has a backpack and rest built into it, making it very easy to carry wherever you want to fish!
As mentioned, this is great for a day session and its actually very strong and sturdy. You could even keep this as a guest chair for fellow anglers, friends or family who want a catch up, or to talk about fishing.
Its very inexpensive, and if you do know a fishermen and are unsure what to buy for his or her birthday, or Christmas, this would make a great gift.
I would say that this is the best lightweight fishing chair for those who are after something that is practical, or for a guest.
- Protective webbing back support for rucksack
- Main compartment has lining secured by drawstring
- Large side pockets and front pocket all secured by quick- release buckles
Folded size: 57cm x 36cm
Price: Price not available
12. Trakker Levelite Longback Chair
Best Carp Chair under £200
I actually own the Trakker Levelite Longback Chair, and I have to say I have been delighted with it!
Because its ergonomic, it fits your shape, so as you can imagine, it is incredibly comfy, even during long sessions.
Its surprisingly light too, weighing 4.5kg, and I have no problem carrying this, even with my usual gear that includes my rod holdall and rucksack.
Quick to use, and equally fast to pack up at the end of your session, its also stable due to the four one-touch mud feet and patented leg mechanism, which also helps you level the chair up on mixed ground.
Other notable features well worth a mention include integrated arm rests, and because I’m quite tall, the long back really feels as if it supports the whole of my back.
A lovely fishing chair that I won’t be replacing anytime soon!
The best lightweight fishing chair for under £200?
Dimensions: 99cm x 64cm
Back Height: 67cm
13. Kodex Robo Feeder Fishing Chair
Billed as the ‘fastest selling fishing chair in the UK’ on release, this feeder chair is ideal for day sessions or roaming.
Included in the package are two one-way arms, a feeder arm, 21cm thread stick, a pair of rod rests and a specimen bait tray that can be used for rigs too.
If you don’t require all the fishing chair accessories, it is available as a standalone feeder chair.
I didn’t get to road test this I’m afraid, but a friend recommended it to me and he had his to say:
“I really like this chair because it offers a great seating position, almost like a throne. All the accessories were decent enough, and set up was a breeze. Compact, and lightweight, the price point is set quite high as there are better chairs on the market for stability. It didn’t feel completely stable, but this could be due to the uneven ground in my swim.”
So there you have it, a decent feeder fishing chair that seems comfortable, offering a good selection of accessories and ideal for a day session or two.
As a sidenote, I would agree that this is probably the best lightweight fishing chair for feeder fishing due to its 5kg weight.
Load Capacity: 130kg
Leg height: 43cm
That concludes my list of the best lightweight fishing chairs!
There are plenty of styles, from fully padded luxury chairs to those that you can place onto your bedchair and tie rigs are eat from.
Prices do vary, and it is worth checking out your local tackle shops for any deals.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you continue to visit our website for all your tackle reviews.
- Bigger mud feet, better adjustment mechanism, better material
- The NGT 'Nomadic' chair is a medium sized chair, ideal for the angler on the roam, stalking or just out for a quick session.
- It features 4 fully adjustable legs with large mud feet on each. It is lightweight and well padded for comfort!
- SIZE: Portal folding chair delivers the essential features you need, with a lightweight and compact design, backrest length 53 cm, seat depth 47.5 cm, seat width 46.5cm .
- STABILITY: 4 adjustable feet providing maximum stability. You can adjust its telescopic legs to increase their height from 33 cm to 38 cm.
- PORTABLE: folded level chair: 66 x 47 x 12 cm, weight 5kg, support max 136 kg. To facilitate transportation, the Portal fishing chair folds easily.
- 【Handrails and Comfortable Backrest, Comfortable to Use】 This fishing chair has ergonomic armrests, which can effectively relieve arm fatigue. The comfortable and soft backrest allows you to relax. Comfortable and easy to use, enjoy the happy time of fishing and picnic!
- 【180kg Strong Support, More stable】 This fishing chair is made of high-quality steel pipes and Oxford cloth, with load capacity of 180kg, and has a anti-slip design of the foot pad, providing you with a stable and reliable support. Ideal for outdoor use, safety practical
- 【Adjustable Angle, Free to Use】 This folding fishing chair can free adjust the angle between 0 ° and 180 °. Different angles can bring you different feelings of use. It can be used as a fishing chair, a camping chair or a nap sofa chair. Multifunctional comfortable seat, worth having
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API