WHAT IS THE BEST MATCH KEEPNET?
The best match keepnet should be fish friendly, compact, and wide enough to haul fish from landing net to keepnet as quickly as possible.
Common sizes are 2.5m, suited to small silverfish, 3m for F1’s and 3.5m for larger carp.
Weighted rings at the base of your keepnet make sure it stays in position without drifting, whilst a decent match keepnet will include a quality made angle tilt, or lock, to aid positioning or for connecting to your seatbox.
Let’s jump right to it as we countdown the best match keepnets today.
Please note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases via links in this post.
1. Preston Innovations Space Saver Keepnet
The Preston ‘Space-Saver’ Commercial Match Keepnet makes using multiple keepnets easy, as they are so compact that you line up five of them directly in front of your seat box.
As you land fish, this makes it quick and easy to transport from one to the other!
Options include a 2.5m carp mesh version, ideal for fishing tight pegs, or alternatively, the more popular model of the two is a 3m quick-dry match keepnet.
Each features Preston Innovations patented fix angle, pull through grab handles and rod rest.
We’ve actually a great post on choosing the best margin pole if you’re looking for a competitive edge to landing big carp in the margins?
In our view, these are perhaps the best match keepnets around for fishing tight swims!
- Innovative reversed top ring
- Allows you to fit more keepnets in front of your seatbox
- Tried and tested fix angle locking system
- Available in 2.5m and 3m
2. Guru Keepnet
The Guru Match Keepnet is made with a special super soft mesh that ensures complete fish safety, and is effective for competitive or casual anglers whatever the swim.
Strong specialised rings mean they sink to the bottom every time, whilst the screw head has been improved upon so you can now fully adjust the angle to suit from swim to fishing the margins with a margin pole.
An oversized top ring makes the entrance seem wider – ideal for quickly transferring fish from your landing net to keepnet with minimum fuss!
Guru have launched two lengths, one is 2.5m in length and more suited to silvers, whilst a 3m keepnet is perfect for larger carp and F1’s.
- Fishery approved
- Fish friendly super soft mesh
- Oversized top ring
- Weighted rings to ensure the net sinks correctly.
- External ‘wear sleeves’ to protect the net from wear.
- Supersoft mesh.
- Dark colour to keep fish calm.
- Oversized top ring.
- Angle tilt.
- Smaller lower rings (3) allow easy removal of fish.
Guru Keepnets Video review
3. Shakespeare Sigma Match Keepnet
The Shakespeare Sigma keepnet is perfect for both river and commercial fishing. Its 3m long and the extra- wide opening makes it easy to quickly transfer fish into.
A soft fish friendly mesh, strong adjustable angle lock and robust aluminium rings make this a great value keepnet.
Budget-conscious anglersmay be thrilled at the benefits of such as a great value match keepnet here!
- Strong adjustable angle lock
- Carp Mesh
- Aluminium rings
- Square Shape
- Length: 3m
- Dimensions: 50cm x 45cm x 6cm
4. Matrix Carp Keepnet
Made from 100% polyester, the Matrix Carp Keepnet is 3m long and features full anti-abrasion rings for a safer swim, each is heavy duty too for added strength.
There are three versions available.
A 2.5m compact version which has been made to suit tight commercial swims, a 3m carp model, and a long-length 4m river version, giving you plenty of choices!
- Heavy duty polycarbonate rings
- Full anti-abrasion protection on each ring
- Duel position angle connection
- 100% Polyester Mesh
Matrix Match Keepnets: Review
5. Mosella HD Inline Match Keepnet
Boasting some great features, the Mosella HD Inline Match Keepnet is accredited by the Angling Foundation itself.
Featuring a heavy-duty top, and intermediate alloy rings, the keepnet is rigid – but saves space so you can line multiple nets alongside it.
Strong webbing handles inside make weighing in simple and easy – overall it is a very practical keepnet!
Each is 2.5m long with external handles for easy lifting or positioning at the front of your swim.
Not just suited to match fishing on commercial waters, casual anglers will also enjoy the great width, strong material and space saving qualities.
Need pole elastic? We’ve created a great resource for choosing the right elastic to go with your pole!
- Strong webbing handles inside to make weighing in very simple
- Rings on the HD models resist distortion
- External handles for easy lifting
- Soft mesh for fish safety, accredited by the Angling Foundation
- Length: 2.5m
6. MAP Commercial Carp Keepnet
Protection is at the forefront of the MAP Commercial Carp Keepnet, with all four corners offering protection for the corners – the most prone part to damage over time.
Each has been designed to deal with big commercial match weights, in fact this keepnet is Angling Foundation approved.
The multi-tilt angle fitting helps to position as required, and with very strong anodised aluminium rings, this is one of the best match keepnets on our list!
- Time Tested Quality From A Trusted Brand
- MAP Commercial Carp Keepnet
- Angling Foundation approved
- Ultra strong anodised aluminium rings
- Multi-tilt angle fitting
- External bottom 4 rings protect corners of the net from wear &tear
- Attractive MAP livery
How to setup your match keepnets
- Strong adjustable angle lock
- Carp friendly mesh
- Aluminium rings
- Robust multi-angle tilt mechanism
- Yellow striped, Navy Blue soft mono hex mesh netting
- Heavy-duty strong bottom ring
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API