WHAT ARE THE BEST WATERPROOF FISHING BOOTS?
The best waterproof fishing boots should also be comfortable, and keep your feet as warm as possible, more so in the winter months.
If you choose a poor quality boot, you can find yourself buying a new pair every year, so it pays to carry out a little ‘boot research’ beforehand, which is where we can help!
Other factors to think about should include sole type, grip, width and how water repellent each pair of boots are.
Please note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases via links in this post.
Lets start our countdown of the best waterproof fishing boots!
1. Harkila Grove GTX Euro Fishing Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots (For Winter)
This pair of waterproof fishing boots are more suited to winter as they get really warm!
The flexible sole system comes with a shock absorbing midsole which helps as you walk across rocky, or uneven terrain.
Although quite a narrow fitting boot, my feet felt warm and comfortable throughout with no signs of coldness creeping into my toes.
Features the well known Gore-tex material, and these boots come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty for piece of mind.
Made in Scandinavia, these are one of the best waterproof fishing boots I’ve worn so far.
Pros: Ideal winter boot, features Gore-tex, plenty of size options
Cons: Narrow fitting
- Nubuck leather reinforcements
Sizes: 6 – 14
2. Vass Evo Mega Stud Fishing Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots (For Muddy Swims)
Now this is a proper pair of fishing wellies!
We’re already familiar with Vass a wafer manufacturer, so we were keen to test out these boots, and suffice to say we were impressed.
The boot itself offers a wider calf and foot sections to minimise any rubbing or likelihood of blisters, which is a blessing!
Key areas such as the ankle, lower shin and toe areas are all reinforced for extra protection.
As you’d expect in all of Vass’s products, these are beautifully made with a lot of attention going into making them as robust, comfortable and waterproof as possible to suit all your fishing requirements.
A great pair of fishing wellies suited to any situation, and they’re not too expensive either!
Pros: Great material, robust, suitable for all conditions
Cons: Chunky & quite heavy
- Double reinforced upper body of boot includes ankle, lower shin and toe area
- Wider calf & foot fitting
- Deep heel kick (easier to take the boots off)
Sizes: 6 – 13
3. Speero Alcor Waterproof Fishing Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots (For Comfort & Grip)
These fishing boots are supportive of your foot and ankle, and maintain a high level of comfort throughout your fishing trip.
Key features include a moulded heel stabiliser to help keep your balance when walking over uneven terrain, and moisture wicking lining to minimise sweat during prolonged wear.
The aggressive rubber outsole, with extra grip, helps you tackle rough and wet terrain.
Pros: Fantastic protection, minimises sweat
- Waterproof breathable hydroguard membrane
- Molded thermoplastic polyurethane heel stabiliser and internal nylon stabiliser shank
- Integrated EVA midsole
Available Sizes: 6 – 12
4. TF Gear Hydro-tec Waterproof Fishing Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots (For Support)
Fishermen will know that constant kneeling can split boots open quickly, as we do it so often to tend to a fish, or watch the lake for signs of fish breaking the surface, so a decent pair of waterproof fishing boots is a must!
This pair of boots from TF Gear feature hydro-tec technology which means they stay dry even in the wettest conditions.
An advanced inner shield repels water even when under pressure, whilst the boot itself features a stable chassis to ensure maximum comfort whatever the terrain.
Grip is very good,and I cannot recommend these waterproof fishing boots highly enough! Anglers will not be disappointed!
Pros: Excellent water repellent properties, extremely comfortable mid-boot
Cons: Quite narrow fitting
- Padded foot bed for extra comfort & lined for extra warmth
- Anti slip treads for maximum gripping power
- 100% Waterproof & breathable
Available Sizes: 7-12
5. Snowbee Rockhopper Waterproof Fishing Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots (Best All Weather Boots)
This pair of red and grey trim Snowbee Rockhoppers feature a hardened steel spiked sole, this offers superb grip over any terrain, even ice.
If you wanted to use these over stocking foot waders, I would recommend choosing a size above your normal shoe size for a better fit.
I really liked these fishing boots, especially useful for worn with a pair of waders, but I feel an inner fleece lining would help my feet feel warmer.
Pros: Best fishing boot for grip
Cons: A fleece lining would make these warmer
- A hand laminated rubber boot, bonded to a Neoprene lining and upper, for the ultimate in warmth and comfort
- Add Snowbee's famous 'Spike-Sole' and you have the ultimate boot for any occasion where deep wading is not required.
- Snowbee's Spike Sole consists of hardened steel spikes, set between deep rubber 'cleats' so they are able to 'flex'
6. Muck Boots Woody Max Waterproof Boots
This warm boot from the Muck Boot Company (more geared towards shooting wear) has kept fishermen toasty for nearly a decade!
Featuring a 5mm CR Flex-Foam fleece liner, together with a 2mm thermal foam under foot (to be technical!) is a proven combination at cold winter temperatures when you’re stood there waiting for a bite!
I had the luxury of owning a pair of these – and they’re still going strong, even after a couple of wearing them the past couple of winters.
I do tend to wear a thick sock, even though they have an inner fleece lining, and as they are very spacious inside, but keep my feet really warm, which is needed due to my poor circulation.
The flat heel offers decent protection, whilst the outer rubber material is quick and easy to wash down.
Although expensive, if you have the budget for a quality pair of waterproof fishing boots, I would highly recommend them.
Cons: Not sure about the camo pattern
- Warm Fleece Lining
- 2mm Thermal Foam Under the Footbed
- 5mm CR Flex-Foam
7. Meindl Men’s Burma GTX® Boots
Best Waterproof Fishing Boots
These are the most expensive on our best waterproof fishing boots list, so if you have a big budget – read on!
Premium features such as a Gore-Tex liner, and upper and outer Nubuck leather, you can see why!
The sole is made from Vibram Multigriff which is made from 25% recycled rubber and offers superior grip, and maintains performance at really low temperatures.
There is a great choice of size options, and out of all the boots (not wellies!) reviewed – these are the best waterproof fishing boot on the market today!
- Liner: Gore-Tex.
- Upper: Nubuck Leather.
- Sole: Vibram Multigriff.
Whatever fishing boots you decide to choose, remember that you are likely to want to wear a thick fishing sock, so we would recommend selecting a size above your normal shoe size.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best waterproof fishing boots, and we look forward to adding even more to the list in the near future.
- PVC Wellies
- Tie Top
- Fleece Lining
- UPPER: Constructed using high quality premium materials making them more comfortable and durable ensuring your boots stand the test of time. Available in an array of fashionable colours.
- FULLY FUR LINED: Premium grade faux fur is lined throughout these boots from top to toe increasing comfort and acting as insulation for your feet. Being fully fur lined increases the boots capacity to retain heat whilst providing long lasting comfort and superior cushioning.
- DURABLE & ANTI-SKID RUBBER SOLE: Quality solid molded rubber sole which is waterproof and has an anti-slip design with a deep tread providing protection against all outdoor conditions experienced during autumn and winter. The traction provided with these boots will help you navigate through the winter months with confidence through thick snow, heavy rain and even ice.
- Waterproof upper, hook and loop fastening
- Thick durable sole with deep tread
- Fully Textile lined interior with Textile trim
Like this content?
We would really appreciate it if you could please share it on social media, or Whatsapp it to a friend, or even email a colleague who may be interested.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means we may receive a modest commission if purchases are made through those links. This adds no cost to our readers and helps us keep our site up and running.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API